The One with The Power of Everyday Missionaries

Wednesday, November 27, 2013
276. Title & Author: The Power of Everyday Missionaries: The What and How of Sharing the Gospel by Clayton M. Christensen (152 pages)
Genre: Nonfiction—Religion & LDS
Completed: 24 November 2013

Summary & Review:
Clayton Christensen—Harvard Business School professor, innovation guru, and life-long Latter-day Saint—presents the knowledge he and those around him have gleaned from decades of sharing the gospel with their friends, co-workers, and neighbors. Divided into three main sections, this book discusses how to help find people for the missionaries to teach, how to teach toward true conversion, and how to build the kingdom of God through increased effort and efficacy.

This book was absolutely outstanding. I think member-missionary work is very intimidating to a lot of people, even though we know that the gospel will bless all those who accept it. Christensen has been somewhat of a hero of mine since I first read an article about him in Forbes where he openly discussed his testimony and how aspects of the gospel have blessed his life, e.g. priesthood blessings, in that secular business magazine. Here, his ideas were just as innovative towards missionary work as his professional ideas have been for health care and business administration. I’ll post a longer summary soon. 

Having recently been called as ward mission leader for our ward here in Germany, I am grateful I read this book. It presented sharing the gospel in a positive and encouraging manner that made me feel less overwhelmed.

Rating: 10.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807