The One with Deep as the Marrow

Wednesday, July 17, 2013
266. Title & Author: Deep as the Marrow by F. Paul Wilson (352 pages)
Genre: Fiction—Thriller
Completed: 2 July 2013

Summary & Review:
Dr. John Van Duyane’s life is finally returning to normal after a traumatic episode with his ex-wife. He and his daughter Katie, with the help of John’s mom, are settling into their new life in Washington D.C. as John works as the personal physician for an old childhood friend, who also happens to be the President. John’s new found tranquility is shattered when Katie is kidnapped by agents of a Columbian drug cartel desperate to stop the President’s new drug decriminalization agenda. The only way to get his daughter back safe and sound is to make sure his oldest friend leaves office, dead or alive. 

This is the first non-Repairman Jack book I have read by Wilson. While it was not at the same level as those books—it was a more run of the mill thriller—I still enjoyed it enough to read it pretty quickly. Van Duyane wasn’t a particularly compelling character, but Wilson did a good job including other interesting aspects into the story. 

I recently entered active duty Army service and while completing the Basic Officer Leader Course at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas, I found this book on the shelves at the downtown USO. 

Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807