Genre: Fiction–Science Fiction
Completed: 1 January 2024
Summary & Review:
The men of USS Walker, a WWI era relic tasked to fight the elite Japanese navy know the odds are stacked against them. Despite this, they bravely sail into battle behind their beloved skipper, Lt. Commander Matt Reedy. Just as they are about to be blasted into oblivion, a strange squall envelopes them and when they emerge they find themselves in a whole new world.
I had an interesting experience reading this book. The beginning portion where the story was a traditional WWII battle story was excellent. While I knew there was time-travel or something similar, I thought the WWII era men would find themselves transported to a time in our history, ancient Rome, say. I was not expecting them to be transported to a parallel universe inhabited by furry monkey-cat like creatures, terrifying sentient velociraptor-esque, and no other humans. Once I got over the shock, which I’ll say did take a while, I got back into the story and ended up enjoying it. I’ll likely move on to book #2 in the series.
Rating: 7.0

No comments:
Post a Comment