Genre: Fiction–Crime
Completed: 13 May 2023
Summary & Review:
Recently retired detective Harry Bosch and outcast LAPD detective Renée Ballard team up to solve a decades old murder that Bosch’s mentor didn’t want solved until after his death. As they dive into the history of the case they also catch a much more pressing case as an active female assassin is working in LA and Vegas.
Paige and I have watched and enjoyed the Bosch tv series so when I saw this at Target I decided to give it a try. Bosch is a great character and his teaming up with one of Connelly’s other recurring characters, Renée Ballard, was fun. It was a little difficult to summarize the plot of the book, and I didn’t do a very good job, because a lot was going on. Multiple murders, court cases, interdepartmental struggles and drama, personal strife, etc. Most of the storylines were entertaining and overall I enjoyed the book. It may have been wrapped up a little too conveniently (“Super easy, barely an inconvenience.”), but still a fun read.
Rating: 6.5

No comments:
Post a Comment