Midnight Sun

Wednesday, January 25, 2023


556. Title & Author: Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (662 pages)

Genre: Fiction–Young Adult

Completed: 19 January 2023


Summary & Review:

The plot of Twilight (#42) is presented from Edward’s perspective in this long-awaited entry in the Twilight Saga. 


Years ago a draft of this book was leaked, much to Stephenie Meyer’s chagrin. So much so, that she basically had a fit and said she was never going to publish it. But, eventually she came to her senses and decided, “Why not make a few bucks?” and published the final version of Midnight Sun. I remember we took a trip with Paige’s parents years ago at the time of the leak and Paige had printed it off and read it out loud as we drove. I even reviewed that partial draft here. 


So, how did the final version turn out? Definitely a mixed bag. As I was reading it all I could think was, “Why is this book 662 pages long?!?!” Well, now I know. Meyer wanted nearly 700 pages to rehash the same internal battle Edward was struggling with over and over and over and over again. I GET IT, STEPHENIE! DROP IT ALREADY!!! 


When I read the original Twilight and its sequels, I was on Team Edward. But, after reading this, I am Team Jacob all the way. Edward is a borderline psychotic, a control freak with no control over his emotions and wild, unpredictable mood swings. Yikes. 


Rating: 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807