The One with Beyond Bigger Leaner Stronger

Wednesday, January 12, 2022


547. Title & Author: Beyond Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Advanced Guide to Building Muscle, Staying Lean, and Getting Strong by Michael Matthews (276 pages)

Genre: Non-fiction–Fitness 
Completed: 6 January 2022

Summary & Review:
The sequel to Matthews’ Bigger Leaner Stronger (#368), this book offers a new training program to continue to increase strength and improve aesthetics. 

I really liked BLS and used the program for a while years ago. The last few years I’ve been using the Starting Strength (#399) method and have made major improvements in strength, even achieving my goal of a 1000 lbs 1RM total in the big three lifts of squat, bench, and deadlift. I think I’ll switch to BBLS now to change things up a bit. 

The book? It was fine. A bit too much filler but the program looks good.

Rating: 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807