The One with The Caves of Steel

Wednesday, March 25, 2020
497. Title & Author: The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov (272 pages)
Genre: Fiction--Science Fiction
Completed: 23 March 2020

Summary & Review:
Elijah Baley is tasked with investigating a murder of a Spacetown resident just outside the massive New York City complex. Making things even more complicated, he is partnered with a resident of Spacetown, a humanoid robot named Daneel. Navigating the hazardous and strained relationship between the two societies and investigating a secret group of so-called Medievalists hell-bent on riding the earth of robots will stretch Baley to his breaking point.

I’ve had several Asimov books on my “To Read” list for a while now, but this one actually wasn’t one of those. It just was that this book was on sale for $0.99 and who can pass that up? I’m glad I decided to give it a try. It was an entertaining read with good characters. The plot wasn’t the most innovative or original, but the world Asimov created was very engaging. I look forward to reading book 2 in the series.

Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807