The One with Rise of the Balloon Goons

Wednesday, February 20, 2019
460. Title & Author: The Notebook of Doom: Rise of the Balloon Goons by Troy Cummings (91 pages)
Genre: Fiction—Children’s Literature
Completed: 18 February 2019

Summary & Review:
Alexander and his dad move to a new home in the town of Stermont. On top of the usual challenges associated with moving—finding new friends, fitting in at school, etc—Alexander begins to suspect that balloon monsters are stalking the town.

I’ve read most of these to Fox and Jane over the past few months, but somehow we missed the very first one! I know this is a children’s book, but I feel like Cummings could have done a little bit better setting up the S.S.M.P. and he probably could have made the book a tad more intense/scary.

Rating: 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807