The One with Ship of Fools

Wednesday, January 9, 2019
454. Title & Author: Ship of Fools: How a Selfish Ruling Class is Bringing America to the Brink of Revolution by Tucker Carlson (244 pages)
Genre: Nonfiction--Politics & Current Events
Completed: 5 January 2019

Summary & Review:
Fox News host and political pundit Tucker Carlson presents his case against the current American ruling class. Rather than listening to what the people they supposedly represent want, the elites ignore the masses and inflict their will on them whether the people want it or not. Carlson examines issues ranging from immigration to environmentalism and shows how the elites not only don't have the people's best interests at heart, but often actively work against the citizens of their country.

I feel like I've undergone a similiar shift in political opinions as Carlson has. When he was younger he was a pretty conventional conservative and worked at publications like the Weekly Standard. Over the years, however, Carlson has taken a more populist approach and will often argue for things that conservatives of the 90s would have balked at, e.g. trade protectionism and regulation. In today's world, I agree with Carlson on all these points. In fact, as I was reading, I don't think I disagreed with one point he made. Carlson has been particularly on point with his positions on mass immigration. The importation of millions of people from foreign cultures with no expectation for them to assimilate has been a disaster, both for their home countries which have lost much needed talent and the United States which has seen its labor market flooded with low wage workers.

Rating: 9.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807