438. Title & Author: James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (150 pages)
Genre: Fiction—Children’s Literature
Completed: 11 June 2018
Summary & Review:
After his parents are tragically killed, young James must live with his two viciously mean spinster aunts. With no friends, nowhere to play, and no fun, James’ life is sad and lonely until a mysterious man gives him a pouch magical beans. Unfortunately, James spills the beans and they are lost in the grass near the tree in the yard. The next day James finds that the beans have caused a giant peach to grow and the humongous fruit is now home to a collection of giant talking bugs. With their help, James escapes the clutches of his aunts and embarks on a great adventure.
This book was pretty much complete nonsense, but I guess that’s the point. It was full of interesting creatures and a larger-than-life adventure that I think entertained my kids pretty well as I read it to them.
Rating: 5.0

No comments:
Post a Comment