Genre: Fiction—Children’s Literature
Completed: 16 October 2017
Summary & Review:
As the new dragon master Petra is showing off her hydra dragon, the beast panics and accidentally poisons the king. With the help of the other dragon masters, especially Drake, Petra must learn to connect with her hydra and learn how to save the king before it’s too late.
This is the fifth book in the series—we had to skip 2,3, and 4 because Fox says they were already checked out from his school’s library—but the story was able to stand alone on its own pretty well. Both Fox and Jane really got into this one so we’ll call the experience a success.
As far as ratings go, I don’t really know how to rate these kids’ books. If Fox were rating it he’d probably give this one a 9.0, but if I gave it a 9.0, that would be on par with classics like Animal Farm (#220) on this list. Anyway, I liked this one a little better than book 1, so I’ll bump up the rating a half point.
Rating: 5.5

No comments:
Post a Comment