Genre: Fiction—Thriller & Science Fiction
Completed: 13 November 2017
Summary & Review:
A woman in desperate need calls Jack for his help and when Jack meets the woman face-to-face he realizes it is his own sister who he hasn’t talked to in fifteen years. His estranged sister explains that her partner has seemingly been brainwashed and become a completely different person and Jack agrees to help her. As Jack looks into his sister’s problem, he realizes that the woman has been infected by a virus that takes over one’s personality and makes the host a member of a “hive mind” with the others who are infected. Once the virus takes control it only has one goal: survival at all costs.
I had to backtrack to read this book since I had skipped it before. The used copy I had purchased from Amazon reeked of cigarette smoke so I just skipped it and moved on to the next book. Eventually, I threw that copy away and bought a new one and decided I had to read it before I got to Book 15, which is the last in the series. It was kind of fun to go back in time and see Jack just starting to learn about the massive cosmic battle going on behind the scenes that will eventually come to dominate his life. Also, this was an important book because not only did Jack reunite with his sister, but she was killed during this story. Later books often reference the loss of his sister and I finally read how it all happened.
I can’t wait to read the last book in this series! Thankfully, Wilson has also written a prequel Repairman Jack trilogy, so Book 15 won’t be the last chance I get to read about Jack.
Rating: 7.5

No comments:
Post a Comment