Genre: Fiction—Literature
Completed: 5 February 2017
Summary & Review:
After seeing his portrait painted by his friend Basil, young Dorian Gray is struck by his beauty and how quickly his youth and looks will fade. He makes a wish within his heart that he might remain forever young and that the picture might age in his place. Dorian soon realizes that his wish has been granted and that not only does the portrait gain the wrinkles of time that should line his face, it also takes on the blemishes that mar his soul. The portrait becomes a window into Dorian's soul as he sinks further and further into depravity.
This was a pretty interesting book and I can understand why it is considered a classic of literature. If you haven’t read it, it is probably worth the time to do so.
Rating: 6.5

I really liked it when I read it decades ago!
ReplyDelete