386. Title & Author: Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert (340 pages)
Genre: Fiction—Science Fiction
Completed: 27 January 2017
Summary & Review:
After becoming the conqueror and messiah for the Freman of Dune, Paul Atrides rules as the most powerful emperor in human history. As the jihad he has unleashed across the universe continues and commits mass bloodshed in his name, Paul must find the path forward that results in the least loss of human life and secures a future for his descendants. But, as Paul struggles to understand his visions, others including his own queen conspire to kill or dethrone him.
This book was a pretty big drop off from its predecessor, Dune (#353). Where Dune was a sweeping, grand novel this was a small, stagnant story. Not much really happened during the book until the last fifty pages or so. The vast bulk of the story was composed of Paul having crazy visions and fretting about the future or other characters having convoluted conversations. But, despite all these short comings, I still enjoyed the book as I read it. I can’t really explain why…but I did. There are a total of six books in the Dune series, and I’ll probably at least give the third one a try.
Rating: 6.0

No comments:
Post a Comment