Genre: Fiction—Other
Completed: 21 July 2014
Summary & Review:
Unprepared for the coming Zombie Apocalypse? Have no fear! This guide has everything you need to know to get ready for a battle to the death, well, your first death or their second one. This guide includes priceless information on weapons, escape, defense, and survival so that you can outlast your undead foe. At the end of the guide, all known zombie attacks from throughout history are recorded and analyzed so that you can recognize it when the next outbreak occurs.
I had no idea what this book would be like. When I purchased Max Brooks’ excellent novel World War Z (#290) I saw it included in a box set with this book and figured, why not? I assumed this guide would be a spoof, full of satire and humor. That was not the case. It was presented as if it were a real guidebook to surviving a zombie outbreak. All the advice seemed thoroughly thought out and serious, so I’m not sure what this book is. Humor? Not really. Horror? Nope. Even the accounts of the attacks at the end were presented in a "scholarly" manner, rather than in a way to elicit fear. Finally, I just had to classify it as “other.”
Rating: 5.5

No comments:
Post a Comment