Genre: Nonfiction—Memior
Completed: 21 July 2014
Summary & Review:
Fox News television host Bill O’Reilly recounts the events in his life that have led him to his current place as cable television’s top-rated news anchor. Raised in a blue color neighborhood on Long Island, O’Reilly was steeped in the values of America and Catholicism allowing him to see the problems with the “progressive” values that have been taking over the country since the 1960s.
Back in the States I used to watch O’Reilly quite a bit. Even though I disagree with a lot of his opinions—no, I’m not to the left of him, I have disagreements with him from the libertarian right—I still thought his show was entertaining. But, this book wasn’t so much. His life just hasn’t included really that many exciting events worth reading 250 pages about. That is not a bad thing, for a normal person to have a normal life, and I certainly respect his work ethic and achievements, but maybe he didn’t need to write a memoir.
Rating: 5.0

No comments:
Post a Comment