The One with The Rosie Project

Wednesday, May 14, 2014
293. Title & Author: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (295 pages)
Genre: Fiction—Romantic Comedy
Completed: 12 May 2014

Summary & Review:
While the mysteries of the human genome have never escaped Don, the subtleties of human interaction and relationships are often enigmatic and unknowable to him. Yet, despite his lifetime of never fitting in, Don is determined to find a suitable woman to share his life with. Frustrated with the inefficiencies of dating, Don devises a questionnaire to help him filter his potential mates. Yet, when one woman, who according to his scientific survey is completely unsuitable, captures his heart, Don must reconcile his feelings with his natural tendency toward uncompromising reason and logic.

As I’ve mentioned before, I like to read some of the books my wife reads—shared experiences, and what not. This book, however, if I had known how entertaining it was going to be I would have read on my own. As Paige was reading it she kept mentioning how much the Don, the protagonist, reminded her of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock character in the on-going BBC series. She was exactly right in her comparison, and it was an extremely entertaining. Very rarely do books actually make me laugh, but this one did on multiple occasions.

I struggled to come up with the correct genre to categorize this book as. While at it’s core it is a love story, it is also hilarious. I settled on Romantic Comedy, but that doesn’t quite describe it right. This is not a cheesy story like those that feature in cinematic Rom Coms, but I’ll leave well enough alone.

Rating: 8.5

1 comment:

  1. The best part is you said you would have read it even without my nudging :) I give it 10 out of 10 :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807