47. Title & Author: DAT: Dental Admissions Test 2007-2008 Edition by Kaplan (738 pages)Genre: Nonfiction--Science, Math, & Torture
Completed: 1 August 2008
Summary & Review:
This book is a comprehensive review of all the material likely to be tested on the DAT including Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Perceptual Ability, and Quantitative Reasoning. It includes chapters reviewing the material as well as 2 full-length practice tests.
This was my main resource in studying for the DAT that I took today (i.e. the day I originally wrote this review, 1 August 2008). How'd I do? Well, I got a 21 which puts me in the 93rd percentile. Not too shabby. How was this book in preparing me for it? Not too shabby either. The biology review was a little wanting, especially when it came to plant sciences, but the rest seemed like it did a good job of reviewing what I needed in a fairly compact manner -- that is if you consider 738 pages compact. The biggest downfall of this book and some of the of the other DAT review books I read and used was their math sections. They were significantly easier than the actual test and I felt a little under-prepared...okay a lot under-prepared...for that section of the test. Overall, it was a wise investment to get this book.
This book was a present from my parents for my 22nd birthday.
Rating: 8.5
Rating: 8.5
No comments:
Post a Comment