44. Title & Author: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (563 pages)Genre: Fiction--Adventure & Romance
Completed: 14 July 2008
Summary & Review:
The second installment in the Twilight Saga begins with Edward and Bella enjoying their new relationship. But, after a scare at Bella's 18th birthday party (i.e Bella almost being eaten by Jasper), Edward decides he cannot put Bella in such a constant state of danger so he leaves after breaking-up with her. The break-up is extremely hard on Bella, which is putting it lightly, and she can only find solace by spending time with her new friend, Jacob Black. Eventually, after Bella has given up all hope of ever seeing her vampire friends again, they come back into her life--but only because they need her help to save Edward.
Paige didn't like this book nearly as well as Twilight (#42), and in fact, I think it was her least favorite of the three books that are out so far. For me though, I actually might have liked this one better than the first. I just think that Meyer has gotten better at writing and that improvement was reflected in this second book.
Rating: 9.0
No comments:
Post a Comment