25. Title & Author: Fatherland by Robert Harris (338 pages)Genre: Fiction--History, Suspense, & Mystery
Completed: 8 February 2008
Summary & Review:
Set in an alternate history of post-WWII, had Germany won the war, in April of 1964, investigator Xavier March of the SS stumbles across a conspiracy that goes all the way up to the Furher himself. With the help of a young American journalist, he uncovers the startling hidden truth of the Holocaust.
This is Harris' first novel, and I really enjoyed it as I have the other books of his I have read. He has definitely progressed as a writer and storyteller, as exemplified in books like Pompeii (#7), but this was still excellent. The premise of the book was incredibly interesting: What if Germany had won WWII? I thought Harris nailed it with his description of that alternate world. The story was quick-paced with a lot of unexpected plot twists.
Rating: 8.5
No comments:
Post a Comment