409. Title & Author: The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines with Mark Dagostino (184 pages)
Genre: Nonfiction—Memoir
Completed: 3 September 2017
Summary & Review:
Stars of the hit HGTV show Fixer Upper, Chip and Joanna Gaines share their family and business story. From their childhoods through their courtship and up until the present television and business success, this book covers the whole story of this dynamic duo.
Throughout the book, Chip and Joanna each had their own font to identify who was speaking. Easily three-fourths of it was in Joanna’s font, but the twenty-five percent or so from Chip was the much more entertaining portion. Paige and I started watching the show our last year in Germany and enjoy it. But, reading this book wasn’t as fun as watching the show. Then again, I’m probably not the intended audience for this book and I can recognize the harmless fun and entertainment it could provide for others.
Rating: 4.5

No comments:
Post a Comment