The One with Fatal Error

Wednesday, May 3, 2017
397. Title & Author: Fatal Error (A Repairman Jack Novel Book 14) by F. Paul Wilson (332)
Genre: Fiction—Science Fiction & Thriller
Completed: 26 April 2017

Summary & Review:
Repairman Jack receives a frantic call from a man whose wife and child have been abducted by a mad man. As Jack investigates the kidnapping, he learns that the suspect was after a piece of computer code that would help an ancient and secret organization known as The Order complete a computer virus capable of crashing the entire internet. Knowing how this could affect the secret cosmic battle raging behind the scenes, Jack must stop this from happening.

I don’t know what else I can say in these reviews of Wilson’s Repairman Jack series that I haven’t said before. I’ve read 14 books in this series and I have enjoyed every single one of them. Wilson has a great prose style and Jack is one of the best characters in contemporary fiction. These definitely aren’t your average thrillers, like Brad Thor writes (see Code of Conduct (#334)), so if that’s what you’re expecting you are in for a strange, science-fiction-y awakening. Then again, this isn’t science fiction like Heinlein (see Starship Troopers (#326)), so if that’s what you’re expecting…. I guess this is much closer to I am Legend that I just read, a horror kind of sci-fi. Whatever you want to call it or classify it as, it’s a great series regardless.

Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807