Genre: Fiction—Fantasy
Completed: 20 December 2016
Summary & Review:
Nineteen years after the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (#10), Harry and Ginny are married with three children. As their middle child, a son name Albus, begins school at Hogwarts he struggles to get out from beneath his famous father’s shadow. With the help of his new friend Scorpius Malfoy, Albus figures out a way to make his own mark on the world: steal a Time-Turner from the Ministry of Magic and go back to save Cedric Diggory during the Triwizard Tournament.
Sometimes I worry that Rowling is trying to milk a little too much out of the Harry Potter world. Since the publication of the original series, there have been tons of spin-offs including short books written for charity, books full of articles and stories from her Pottermore website, a new movie, and now this play. I understand people’s desire for more, more, more….but I’m afraid it will start to steal some of the magic from the original seven books. Leave well enough alone, maybe? Now, that’s not to say that this wasn’t an entertaining story and I bet watching the theatrical production of it would be fun.
Rating: 5.5

No comments:
Post a Comment