The One with Dubliners

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

369. Title & Author: Dubliners by James Joyce (264 pages)
Genre: Fiction—Literature 
Completed: 4 October 2016

Summary & Review: 
This volume is a collection of fifteen short stories depicting Irish middle class life around the turn of the twentieth century. The stories are divided into three categories, beginning with those centering on childhood, followed by adolescence, and then adulthood. 

I was originally interested in reading some of Joyce’s other works, but the Army library only had this volume available for my new Kindle so I gave it a shot. Joyce is clearly a talented writer and the style he used here was one I liked. While some of the stories didn’t quite hold my interest, others were entertaining or insightful or in some other way appealing. All in all, I look forward to reading more of Joyce’s work.

Rating: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807