347. Title & Author: Strength Training: The Complete Step-by-Step Guide to a Stronger, Sculpted Body by DK Books (250 pages)
Genre: Nonfiction--Health & Fitness
Completed: 10 March 2016
Summary & Review:
This guide to strength training covers all aspects of the activity. It begins with an explanation of the principles behind strength training including nutrition, training physiology and psychology, and planning. The next section is a fairly comprehensive guide including illustrations and step-by-step instruction of exercises for all the major muscle groups. Finally, the third section presents specialized training programs to meet various needs including sport-specific regimens.
I've never been much of a weight lifter, but I decided to start including it more in my workout to break up the monotony of running and other cardio. This was a pretty highly rated guide on Amazon so I thought I'd try it out. It was very clear, concise yet comprehensive, and easy to read. The workout plans included at the end seem good so I am pretty happy with the guidebook overall.
Rating: 6.5

I'm excited to see the results wink wink :)
ReplyDelete