The One with Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
150. Title & Author: Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (228 pages)
Genre: Nonfiction--Religion & LDS
Completed: 27 June 2010

Summary & Review:
The teachings and writings of President Heber J. Grant, the seventh President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, are presented with short introductions that include stories from his life that illustrate his teachings in action. The twenty-four chapters cover topics such as persistence, self-reliance, abiding testimony, and earnest prayer.

This was an excellent look into the teachings of President Grant. Every time I read one of these entries from the Teachings of the Presidents of the Church series I am amazed at how applicable the messages still are, even decades after the writer's lifetime. President Grant died in 1945, but these chapters could have been written yesterday and they wouldn't have been more on point.

Rating: 8.5

1 comment:

  1. Your new blog looks great babe. Sorry it took me a couple days to check it out. I want you to read The Hunger Games books next, I'm curious what you'll think/say about them.

    LYB!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807