The One with The Afghan

Sunday, August 24, 2008
32. Title & Author: The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth (390 pages)*
Genre: Fiction--Suspense
Completed: 23 April 2008

Summary & Review:
U.S. and British intelligence find evidence of a major forthcoming terrorist attack. The threat is so serious they decide to send in an undercover agent to infiltrate Al Qaeda. SAS man Mike Martin takes on the identity of an Afghan prisoner that is being held at Guantanamo Bay as he goes deep into the heart of Islamic extremism and tries to stop the attack.

It took me a little while to get into this book, but I finally did and I enjoyed it overall. I thought the pages were allocated strangely, though. Forsyth would spend a lot of time on random details like the firepower on a U.S. Coast Guard ship, but then when he got to the climax it was over in a page and felt like it was rushed.

Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pages Read

177,807